Bricktronics software updates – v1.2
We recently went through a significant refactoring of the Bricktronics software libraries for Arduino (and other platforms). The all-encompassing library was split into separate sub-libraries, one for each motor and sensor type, plus one library for the Bricktronics Shield and Megashield. We’re calling this new set of software libraries “Bricktronics v1.2”.
Highlights of the changes include:
- Complete API documentation for each library
- Addition of two new sensors: Color sensor and Light sensor
- Addition of better PID control for motors, including position control, angle control, as well as brake/coast functionality
- New examples for the new motor API functionality
- Now easier to use the individual libraries with other platforms such as ChipKit, Teensy, etc
- All library dependencies (such as required 3rd party libraries) are clearly mentioned in all examples and Readme files, including links and installation directions.
This is the list of the new individual Bricktronics software libraries. Unfortunately they are not compatible with the original libraries, but since they are better in every way, we strong recommend everyone upgrade to these new v1.2 libraries.
- BricktronicsShield – Support for the Bricktronics Shield (API docs)
- BricktronicsMegashield – Support for the Bricktronics Megashield (API docs)
- BricktronicsMotor – Support for NXT 2.0 and EV3 servomotors (API docs)
- BricktronicsLight – Support for NXT monochrome light sensors (API docs)
- BricktronicsColor – Support for color sensors (API docs)
- BricktronicsSound – Support for sound sensors (API docs)
- BricktronicsButton – Support for pushbutton sensors (API docs)
- BricktronicsUltrasonic – Support for the NXT 2.0 ultrasonic sensors (API docs)
We still have more website updates to make, including new photos, new examples, new demonstration videos, and new hardware(!) but we want to let you know about the new software libraries because we’re really proud of them. Please let us know what you think in the W&L Forum.